Contract / Freelance
£500 - £550 per day
over 2 years ago
Senior Software Engineer
6 Month Contract
£500 - £550 p/d
My client is looking to bring in a Senior Software Engineer to completely restructure the company's core platform.
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to work right from the beginning of the project all the way through to delivery and input new ideas to help take the platform to the next level, whilst working with high throughput and low latency systems.
As part of the feeds team you will be based in the companies fantastic offices, and be involved in the core functionality of the business as a whole.
- Owing the end to end delivery
- Building maintainable, testable and resilient software systems
- Working alongside architects to design the system
- Working as part of a team - mentoring more junior members (that report to you) and ensuring coding standards are met
- Proven experience handling large amounts of data on a complex domain
- Proven Backend core java experience
- Working with both RESTful and push API's
- Working knowledge of testing frameworks e.g. JUnit & Mockito
- Experience with cloud platform (AWS or GCP)
- Working with Docker and kubenetes
- Working on distributed systems (RabbitMQ/Kafka)
- Experience with NoSQL data platforms
- Experience with Elasticsearch
- Working with low latency systems